Thursday, May 24, 2012

Magnetic Makeup Board

Don't you love pinterest? I know i do..i get such great ideas! Here's one of them:
This is a magnetic make up board. its simple really. 
What I Did:
I went out and bought an old, ugly frame from the Salvation Army (several, really. the most expensive was $2) i went to my local hardware store and asked for a piece of sheet metal cut to fit the frame. Now, the metal is extremely thin, so i had to get a piece of wood to fit inside the frame as well. 
I went to Hancock Fabrics and got the flowery printed fabric (Which i love) to cover the wood and metal. I glued the metal to the wood using liquid nails. So, after that finished drying, i covered it with the fabric (attach using hot glue). I had some paint, so i painted the frame to make it look less ugly and more cute. Then put the wood/metal in the frame with the metal facing out. Glue magnets on the back of each of your eyeshadows, blush, etc and you're done!


except...i wanted to add some holders for those brushes and eyeliners im always losing. 


My mom loves cooking. And she loves saving things. she had some old cans and a mason jar that she let me have. I painted them and glued some ribbon on them, and voila! i have cute holders! 






Now this part is my favorite..
This is an old butter container. I glued some paper and ribbon on it, and now its a facial wipe/tissue holder! I happen to love it. 












So there you have it! I still haven't hung it on my wall yet, and i probably won't (since we're moving). This is great for organizing your makeup (except all of mine is currently in a bag from spending the night at a friend's house) and is just a cute decoration for your bedroom/bathroom wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment